Sellier & Bellot 300 Blackout 147 Grain and 200 Grain Full Metal Jacket Ammo Review
Kyle with True Shot here to review the Sellier & Bellot 300 Blackout full metal jacket in both 147 grain supersonic and 200 grain subsonic Ammunition available at trueshotgunclub.com
Sellier & Bellot ammunition is part of CBC Defense who exports to over 130 countries, meeting the needs of Military, Law Enforcement and the commercial markets. CBC Defense has become one of the largest ammunition manufactures in the world and is one of the largest suppliers of ammunition to NATO and allied forces worldwide.
Let’s Start With The Specs:
1. Sellier & Bellot ‘s 300 blackout rounds come in 147 grain full metal jacket supersonic and 200 grain subsonic full metal jacket. You can tell these two rounds apart because the subsonic’s have blue sealed primers and the boxes have a blue label.
2. The 147 grain supersonic ammo produces muzzle velocity of 2,076 feet per and muzzle energy of 1,406 foot pounds second whereas the 200 grain subsonic round produces muzzle velocity of 1,060 feet per second and muzzle energy of 499 foot pounds.
3. We sell these in cases of 1000 rounds, 300 rounds with an ammo can and by 20 round boxes.
Now let’s talk about what we like about this ammunition:
1. Both the supersonic and subsonic rounds were clean and reliable when we tested them both suppressed and non-suppressed.
2. These rounds produce nearly identical muzzle velocity and energy as much pricier rounds made by Hornady and other high end manufactures.
3. The subsonic rounds are easily identifiable having a blue colored sealed primer.
1. Simply put, there is nothing bad to say about these rounds. The only issue we have is with the price of 300 blackout rounds when compared to 556 or 223 rounds.
2. The 300 blackout is a very purpose driven round, unfortunately this makes an expensive for plinking or target shooting.
3. That said, these are some of the best priced 300 blackout rounds on the market, costing almost half the price of other brands.
If 300 blackout ammunition costed the same as 223, I don’t think we would ever shoot a 223 round again. Whether suppressed or not, this versatile round has won us over and the Sellier & Bellot 300 blackout is the most popular 300 blackout round we sell because of its affordability and performance.
If you’re looking to order this product or any other, please visit our website at trueshotgunclub.com, call us at (888)736-6587 Or, if you prefer, you can email us at [email protected]
Thanks for joining us on this review of the Sellier & Bellot 300 blackout 147 grain supersonic and 200 grain subsonic full metal jacket ammunition, I’m Kyle, reminding you; to keep shooting.