Country of Origin – Sweden
Founded – 1902
Headquarters – Savanna, Georgia, USA
Website – normaammo.com
Norma Precision has been manufacturing small arms ammunition in Sweden for over 100 years. In this time, they pioneered the boat tail bullet, several long range calibers, forged partnership with German rifle manufacturer Blaser and have had a 60 year partnership with Weatherby to create long range rounds sold under their brand the Weatherby brand. The results of a culture of precision shooting have resulted in some of the highest quality rounds on the market that are flat shooting, hard-hitting and extremely accurate.
Norma Precision History
Norma was founded in 1902 by three Norwegian brothers. The Enger Brothers (Lars, Johan and Ivar) purchased an ammunition factory in the town of Raufoss and later moved the facility to modern day Oslo. The name Norma came from Lars Enger, the eldest brother, he loved the Italian opera Norma and the brothers agreed to name the company after the opera. They would later expand to a second facility in Sweden in the town of Amotfors. Norma’s engineers were obsessed with producing a better bullet, as such, Karl Wang, Norma’s ballistic engineer created what is known today as the boat tail shaped projectile, forever changing the landscape for long-range shooters. Today, Norma Precision produces some of the world’s most reliable ammunition, having forged its beginnings in creating a better hunting round, they continually innovate new rounds, better brass cases, and better projectiles, so whether you’re hunting, shooting long range, or just target practicing, Norma’s quality stands alone.
Norma Ammunition Product Lines:
- Range & Training Full Metal Jacket – These full metal jacket rounds are designed with the range in mind, their most affordable line with the consistency and accuracy that you expect. Currently, Norma Ammunition makes their Range & Training in ammunition in 32 Auto, 380 Auto, 9mm, 38 Special, 357 Magnum, 40 S&W, 45 ACP and 10mm. The projectiles come in both full metal jacket (FMJ) and Total Metal Jacket (TMJ) as different SKU’s.
- Range & Training Frangible – Designed for training, Norma Range & Training Frangible allows you to train the way you shoot without having to spend the money to train with hollow points. These rounds come in the following calibers; 9mm Luger, 38 Special, 40 S&W, and 45 ACP.
- Norma NXD – Non Expanding Defensive Ammo was engineered for everyday carry and home defense. Norma NXD was designed so that it would not over-penetrate. Upon impact, the fluted projectile design creates a larger, more effective wound cavity than traditional hollow points. Norma makes these rounds in 9mm, 357 Mag, 38 Special, 380 Auto, 40 S&W, 45 ACP and 10mm Auto.
- Safeguard – Standard jacketed hollow point ammunition.
- MHP – Monolithic Hollow Point, retains more mass than standard hollow points, creating a larger mass creating and a devastating impact than standard hollow points.
- Norma BondStrike – Extreme Long Range designed for your next hunt or long-range shoot. The Bondstrike bullet is a bonded core and jacket construction providing superior accuracy and performance.
- Norma EvoStrike – Leadfree rifle ammunition designed for long range and hunting, Norma EvoStrike delivers devastating knockdown power. Similar to TipStrike but is leadfree and fragmented for instant devastation upon impact, these projectiles are made of a solid copper core.
- Norma TipStrike – Similar to the EvoStrike but not leadfree, instant stop built to fragment with solid steel core.
- Norma Whitetail – Traditional jacketed soft point designed with your next hunt in mind.
- Norma Golden Target – Premium match ammunition.
- Norma Match – Norma discontinued their Match line and moved those rounds to their Golden Target brand of products.
- Norma Tactical – Similar to their handgun Range & Training Pistol line, this line of rifle ammunition is great for plinking and target practice. Norma’s Tactical line comes in 223 Frangible and FMJ, and 7.62×39, and 5.56 SS109.
Who owns Norma Ammunition?
Beretta Holding Group purchased Norma Ammunition on July 31, 2022. Prior to Beretta’s purchase of Norma Ammunition, they were a subsidiary of Swiss-owned Ruag Ammotec. Upon purchasing Norma Ammunition, Beretta rebranded Norma Ammunition to Norma Precision Inc.
Who Makes Norma Ammunition?
Norma Precision manufactures their own ammunition in several facilities around the world. They make products in Sweden, Hungary, and the USA.
Where Norma Precision Made?
Norma Precision ammo is manufactured in Savannah, Georgia, USA, Switzerland, German and Sweden. In November of 2022, Beretta Holding S.A. invested $60 million into a new ammunition manufacturing facility in Savannah, Georgia, USA. Their new facility will be state-of-the-art and will cover over 300,000 square feet.
What Companies does Beretta Own?
In addition to their purchase of Norma Ammunition, Beretta Holding S.A., Beretta Holdings owns, Beretta USA, Benelli USA, Burris, and Steiner Optics.
Today, the Beretta family of companies employs over 6,500 people and has combines sales in excess of $1.5 billion in annual revenue. They operate over 50 subsidiaries with a broad portfolio of over 20 brands.